Available now at German-based Purchaze is this new colorway in the Nike Air 180 silhouette. The 180′s have come out in all sorts of colors but these pair are one of the best. These kicks cry out to be accompanied by an old school Charlotte Hornets unis, or a Carolina Panthers jersey. Your welcome for my stylist suggestions. Once again these are available now at Purchaze
Archive for July, 2010
Memorial services were announced today for Lorenzen Wright Sr. Wright, 34, tragically was found dead on July 28 in southeast Memphis.
The Memphis Grizzlies and the Wright family are inviting members of the community to FedExForum at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, August 4 to pay their respects to Wright, a Memphis native who starred at Lafayette High School (MS)., Booker T. Washington High School, the University of Memphis and with the Grizzlies. Doors will open at noon.
Parking will be free in the Toyota Parking Garage. Space for the memorial service at FedExForum will be limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to a memorial fund in Lorenzen’s honor. Donations may be made online at www.cfgm.org or by sending a check made payable to the Lorenzen Wright Sr. Memorial Fund, c/o Community Foundation of Greater Memphis, 1900 Union Ave., Memphis, TN 38104. All donations to this fund are tax-deductible.
Dear Yao Ming,
For starters Yao, telling the media that “If the foot injury does not heal next season, I might choose to call it quits,” doesn’t help the Rockets, or your trade value.
You haven’t played basketball in over a year, and you tell the media that you might quit! You sir, are too honest. Yao, your supreme honesty strikes fear in the heart of Rockets fans that Brad Miller is probably going to be the starting center at the beginning of the season.
I know you have been playing basketball as soon as someone noticed you were six feet tall and only 7 years old, and the constant running and jumping on your massive feet has wore down the giant bones. But Houston needs you to suck-it-up, and play. Sure you could play five more years and always walk with a limp, but Bill Walton did it, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas still does it. From now on when someone asks you about your foot simply reply, “Foots good” and thats it!
You should get around Houston and the Toyota Center on a Segway, like Clutch does.
Rockets general manager Daryl Morey in effort to quell depression in Houston responded saying “Yao Ming is working diligently on his return and has consistently received positive feedback at each of his scheduled medical checkups.” “He is currently participating in on-court basketball workouts & we continue to expect him to be ready for training camp which begins on 9/25″
Good save Daryl, good save!
Not too long ago we posted the red/gold version of the Nike Air Diamond Turf made famous by Deion Sanders. These are now available at select retailers and Nice Kicks in Austin. (2815 Guadalupe, Austin,TX 78705)
Following four days of training and an intra-squad exhibition game that were held July 19-24 in Las Vegas, Nev., USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo today announced that 15 players had been selected as finalists for the 2010 USA World Championship Team.
Named as finalists for the USA World Championship Team were Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets); Tyson Chandler (Dallas Mavericks); Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder);Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies); Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers); Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers); Jeff Green (Oklahoma City Thunder); Andre Iguodala(Philadelphia 76ers); Brook Lopez (New Jersey Nets);Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves); Lamar Odom(Los Angeles Lakers); Rajon Rondo (Boston Celtics);Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls); and Russell Westbrook(Oklahoma City Thunder).
Tyreke Evans, Gerald Wallace, O.J. Mayo and JaVale McGee, where the players cut from the roster.
RIP Reggie Lewis
November 21, 1965 – July 27, 1993
DocFunk’s 2010 Free Agency Recap is full of hilarity, including the above image. As funny this is, I’m sure Brad Miller has a camoflauged version of every jersey he has ever owned. Miller came to this contract signing sporting camo pants, and a polo the Rockets gave him. Which presents the question…Did Brad Miller show up shirtless?
The world may never know! Love Miller’s smile though.
Its late-July, the NBA season is months away, and there are deals being done everyday, so thetruthsports presents:
1. The defending champs added Matt Barnes, Steve Blake and “lurch”himself Theo Ratliff. This is Theo’s 9th team! Folks are all upset about LeBron’s “Decision” but Kobe, and Lamar Odom weren’t that friendly with Mattt Barnes, but that didn’t stop him from coming to LA. They are the best until they are beaten.
2. No way that I’m doubting the potential the Heat have of completely taking over next season. Getting Mike Miller will turn out to be the biggest move. Miller is gonna get so much ass. The Heat find their chemistry and the East could be in trouble. Still wish they would sign Allen Iverson just because.
3. The Celtics are the same exact squad minus Rasheed Wallace, and Tony Allen, who had to be tired of KG spitting on him and signed for less with Memphis. The addition of Jermaine O’Neal’s huge head will help, as Kendrick Perkins rehabs till February.
4. The Magic lost Matt Barnes to Los Angeles, and had already signed his replacement Quentin Richardson. If there is any chance that they could get Chris Paul they need to do it ASAP. Orlando was wise to match J.J. Redick’s offer from Chicago but the magic may have run out in Orlando if they continue to ignore Howard offensively.
5. Crazy right? The Bulls didn’t get LeBron or Bosh, but they got a key pieces to take the Bulls to the next level. Thibodeau getting Boozer to play defense is gonna be fun, but other additions Kyle Korver, and C.J. Watson will flourish off the bench. I know they are probably placed to high on the list but their division is up for grabs with the Cavs drop from best to worst.
Rudy Gay led the Blue squad in scoring with 23 points, and just like Durant had 7 turnovers.
The entire White squad minus Gerald Wallace, and Danny Granger should all be on the roster heading to Turkey for the World’s Championships. That leaves Durant, Curry, Rose, Gordon, Iguodala, Odom and even Tyson Chandler all on the roster from the White squad.
The eight remaining players should be both Grizzlies, Rudy Gay, and OJ Mayo, Rondo, Westbrook, Brook Lopez, Kevin Love, and with all the hope I can muster JaVale McGee.
JaVale McGee played the least amount of time (9:24) but scored more points,(7) and pull down more boards(3) then Brook Lopez who had 2 points, 2 fouls, and a turnover in 13 minutes.
USA National Team vs. France
Madison Square Garden, NY
Oh, the look on Rick Ross’ face is priceless. Its as if he had just won the rap lottery, or found out that marijuana had been legalized across the country. During the video I could not take my eyes off that wool face warmer he calls a beard. That thing has to itch. The Miami Heat should take the necessary steps and make sure that he pays double for his one seat. I’m sure he is gonna need two seats for all that ass.(no homo) Now we await DJ Khaled’s reaction to LeBron’s Decision